Junior Webmaster (January 2007 – August 2010)
Shotgun Reviews, Indianapolis, IN
• Developed new user interface / information architecture plan for pop culture review site, upgrading to a “blog” format from static HTML pages, including searchable content and comment features.
• Installed and maintained WordPress, created login information for the site’s team of writers, and developed documentation for content creators to assist with the transition.
• Edited and produced copy for pop-culture-related topics geared at an 18-35, mostly male, “culture buff” audience.
Computer Corps Member (August 2006 – May 2007)
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College Information Technology Department, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN
• Gathered information regarding hardware- and software-related issues for faculty and staff computers, then applied necessary fixes quickly whenever possible to ensure minimum interruption to productivity.
• Met time-sensitive deadlines to ensure necessary classroom equipment was functioning and available; applied updates to “smart” technology; educated faculty and staff regarding use of equipment.
• Reimaged computers with operating system-level damage and returned them to their users; when necessary, acquired RMA information from various vendors for damaged parts.
Computer Lab Assistant (January 2005 – May 2008)
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College Digital Media Lab, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN
• Provided onsite support for lab computers and Digital Media-specific hardware and software on both Macintosh and Windows operating systems. Kept lab clean and organized and assisted in tracking lab equipment available for student check-out.
• Assisted in the production of the student bi-weekly newspaper, including troubleshooting printing and network issues in both Adobe InDesign and Quark Xpress.
Layout Editor (August 2004-May 2008)
The Woods Newspaper, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, IN
• Wrote Indiana Collegiate Press Association Award-Winning copy for the student newspaper, including news, features, and advertising.
• Designed award-winning page, advertisement, and publication layouts, flowed copy, and worked with staff photographers and writers to ensure needed materials were to the editorial staff by deadline.
• Participated in weekly editorial staff meetings to plan, create, and publish the biweekly student newspaper (circulation of ~1000).